In the Methodist Church, Birmingham Road, Cowes
See map on www.streetmap.co.uk
IWM War Memorials Archive Record
The Memorial is not recorded by the IWM War Memorials Archive
Historic England Listing Status
Cowes Methodist Church is not Listed
Description and history
A stone plaque bearing the names of 9 Church members who died in the First World War. It was dedicated on 14 November 1920 by the Rev H.S. Sandford.
There are two plaques in this Church; it is assumed that one of them came from another Non-Conformist Church, since closed, in Cowes.
See also Cowes Methodist Church 
IN PROUD AND LOVING MEMORY OF
THE MEN BELONGING TO THIS CHURCH
WHO LAID DOWN THEIR LIVES IN THE GREAT WAR
1914 - 1918.
---- names as recorded below ----
"THE MEN WERE VERY GOOD UNTO US AND
WE WERE NOT HURT - THEY WERE A WALL
UNTO US BOTH BY NIGHT AND DAY."
Isle of Wight County Press, 20 November 1920
Isle of Wight County Press, 27 November 1920
Page updated 27 May 2015 (added newspaper reports)